After so many months of being battered by Washington, it’s too easy to become complacent or discouraged.
Below are some reminders why we MUST not give in to complacency; we need
to find the inner resources to fight even harder to make changes where we can, and most critically, we must start winning elections again and flip the House and the Senate next year.
It’s not just political anymore - insults from the right have hit an all time low,
and they get nastier every day; we are now officially “the unhinged left”.
• WATCH the vicious anti Ossoff ad, aired the day before the election.
Looks like it worked :(
• Rush Limbaugh calls the Virginia shooter “a mainstream Democrat voter.”
• Colorado GOP exploits the Virginia shooting to raise money and spread
more anti left hate:
“The left is out of control. Their violent actions are un-American, and it needs
to stop!” reads an email signed by Colorado House Minority Leader Patrick Neville.
ATTACKING THE ARTS:
• Why Authoritarians Attack the Arts
"We need the arts because they make us full human beings. But we also need the arts as a protective factor against authoritarianism.
In saving the arts, we save ourselves from a society where creative production is permissible only insofar as it serves the instruments of power. When the canary in the coal mine goes silent, we should be very afraid — not only because its song was so beautiful, but also because it was the only sign that we still had a chance to see daylight again. … But as Hitler understood, artists play a distinctive role in challenging authoritarianism." NY Times
• Protesters at the recent “Julius Caesar” production have upped the ante, accusing the audience of being “all Goebbels, you are all Nazis", and blaming them for the shooting of House Majority Whip Steve Scalise.
“This [Shakespeare. Shakespeare! ] is violence against the Right!"This idiotic snowflake-ism was promoted widely among right-wingers. It’s disgusting, it’s unjustifiable, and it’s no different than when protesters storm the stage at my speeches at University of Wisconsin or attempt to block me at California State University at Los Angeles or chant Charles Murray into submission at Middlebury or block Ayaan Hirsi Ali from speaking on campuses or invade Heather MacDonald’s events. The minute you equate speech with violence and attempt to forcibly shut it down, you're a snowflake. End of story. Daily Wire
• Producers and others involved with the show have been receiving death threats to their homes.
• “Far Left Hates America! … No one here is far right. We’re only accused
of being far right because we love America.” NY Times
We are the violent, unhinged left who hate America.
• "Peaceful protest would be well within their rights. But these illiberal cultural illiterates instead wanted curtains for the offending Elizabethan play. … The only people lately threatening political violence in the name of “Julius Caesar” are those who wanted to shut this play down." Washington Post
• The President’s oldest son tweeted:
"I wonder how much of this "art" is funded by taxpayers? Serious question, when does "art" become political speech & does that change things?"
[The answer is zero. NONE of this art is taxpayer funded.]
He retweeted, "Events like today are EXACTLY why we took issue with
NY elites glorifying the assassination of our President."
We are the violent, unhinged left, America-hating New York Elites.
• We are to be forgiven for having forgotten that a similar production was mounted several years ago, with an Obama-inspired Caesar; there was little coverage of it - the right applauded, and the left understood it was art.
• The President calls us “unbelievably nasty”. His middle son said, “I’ve
never seen hatred like this ... I mean, to me, they’re not even people.”
Now we are nasty and violent unhinged Nazi left New York Elites who hate America AND we are not human.
Using his father's language, he also called the recently elected DNC Chairman Tom Perez a “total whackjob,” then without irony decried the increase in name-calling.
• Sen. Mitch McConnell: Democrats reap what they have sown
DOES THIS SOUND FAMILIAR?
"There was no point in seeking to convert the intellectuals. For intellectuals would never be converted and would anyway always yield to the stronger, and this will always be "the man in the street." Arguments must therefore be crude, clear and forcible, and appeal to emotions and instincts,
not the intellect.
Truth was unimportant and entirely subordinate to tactics and psychology."
- Joseph Goebbels, Nazi Minister of Propaganda (verified)